Various Thoughts In My Head
It’s been almost a month since I posted anything that wasn’t PBP related, so I figure it’s time to yank the plug in my head and drain some stuff that’s rolling around in there.
Things that are new since this post:
- We had a second tag sale yesterday. It was exhausting- we were in constant motion from 6:30am until about 7pm. At least I wasn’t leaking this time- it waited until this morning to hit me. We sold a lot of little crap but didn’t make a ton; more than we had previously, at any rate. Mom and I made a run to My Sister’s Place, which is a thrift store in downtown Ansonia that’s completely donation and volunteer run; all the money goes to battered women. We also packed up a load that came home with us, that Mom is going to clean up and take to the consignment store on Thursday. This Saturday Mom and I will be taking the rest of the boxes- we’re anticipating we have two to three trips’ worth of stuff- down to MSP. Nothing is coming ‘home’. My everything hurts.
- Animazement was fun. I was very very bad and bought three kimono- a pale purple/lavender iromuji, which are solid colored kimonos with patterns woven into the silk worn to tea ceremonies; an unlined furisode with a grass pattern that I can actually wear in the summer without worrying about passing out or something; and a very old kurotomesode (I believe it’s late Edo but I’d have to double-check my notes) with a beautiful fan pattern, dyed with a plant dye so the black has a beautiful brown patina. I also finally got my whole collection appraised, though I am still waiting on the official notes from Jen.
- Dad and I went house hunting in NC! We went through a long list from the real estate agent, narrowed it down to eight, and saw them all in three hours on a Sunday afternoon. (Right after Animazement, actually.) Out of the eight, four we liked, two we *really* liked, and one he put an offer in! There’s been an inspection and everything- we’re just waiting on loan paperwork to be finished, I think, but I’m not really sure because it’s little to do with me. Closing is mid-July! I am moving before August! I am excited!
- On that note, I still have a lot of packing to do. I am not enjoying packing. I have entirely too much crap. To motivate myself, I’m letting myself reread a chapter of HP1 for every box.
- I was too busy on Friday and yesterday to do my L PBP post, so I am planning to get that done today. I’m not more than half a week past due, though, so I am considering myself still “on time”.
- I have been in a depressive funk for about a week now. Sleeping too much, no motivation, no enthusiasm, little appetite, entirely too easily annoyed. I’m hoping it was pre-leaking hormonal nonsense. Sounds plausible to me, at any rate. I’ve taken some Tylenol to help with the cramping, and I refuse to let myself wallow. (Well, there will be a little
wallowing lounging about until the leaking settles down. The first day seems to be the worst for me, since I went off my bc.)
- I cut my hair myself (using the ponytail method) and it came out pretty well. I didn’t take much off- I think the longest pieces were two and a half inches? I left it in the ponytail and bleached the ends, which got the results I wanted but did not quite go to plan. I bought a kit at Sally’s- 30 vol., because they didn’t have any 20 vol. kits- and followed the instructions. However, since the bleached hair was dangling right over my eyes I decided to wrap it lightly in the highlighting cap that came with it, but this was probably a bad idea. My hair got really hot really quickly, and by the time I made it to the sink there was smoke coming off my hair. I put it in cold water right away and washed it out, and my hair doesn’t feel fried or anything. And it lifted a good chunk of color out. But… still not how it was supposed to go. I then dyed the bleached ends; this did not go to plan either. The color is “purple plum”, so one would assume it would come out purple, yes? My hair is blue. Very very blue. Ink blue. I am debating whether to try putting some of the leftover Splat Pink on it and see if it comes out purple, or just leave it for a while until it washes out more/fades and put in some actual purple dye. I will take a picture the next time I style it.
- My grandfather is still not doing well. He went in to have stents placed, but it turns out his arteries are surprisingly clear, so we don’t know if there’s any more help that he can get. My uncle Matt went out almost two weeks ago now and stayed for a week, and my aunt Shelly is flying out Saturday and staying almost a week. Mom said she’ll be the next one to go out, and I suspect uncle Kenny will get out there too. I wish there was something more I could do. Unfortunately it’s something everyone has to face, eventually, and aside from being supportive, there’s not much to be done.
- I feel like my to-do list is a mile long, but it’s really not that many things. I need to pack. I need to work on the H&O Database. I need to update my other blog. I want to work on my rpg. I need to list some stuff on Etsy. I want to write. Six things, that are all pretty straightforward and are still enough to make me feel like I’m never going to get anything finished. Well- I won’t, if I don’t get started!
So: I think I’m going to try to hammer out a post, either for my other blog or for PBP, and then maybe… laundry? I need to get something done around here, even if I do want to collapse.